As you can see, I am not there today. The twins are sick and the childcare we had lined up for today fell through.
I know as a group, you all are awesome! But, as always, I expect a few things from you and even though I know you know them, I need to make sure they are concrete:
1. DO NOT give the sub a hard time. You do as you are asked, you do what’s assigned, and you keep relatively quiet. Do NOT let me find your name attached to some poor choice when I get back or it will not be a fun time for anyone.
2. DO YOUR WORK! If there is one thing you learned from the last time I had a sub, it’s that I WILL grade this work and I will have ZERO sympathy for those that don’t complete it. I will hand out zeros accordingly and it will affect your grade. I’m SUPER SERIOUS ABOUT THIS ONE! Nothing but your work!
Below are the assignments that you need to complete before the day is over. Please pay attention to the times in the parenthesis next to the task so you can pace yourself!
YOUR FREE WRITE and VIDEO RELFECTION ARE DUE TODAY. I WILL BE CHECKING THESE FROM HOME. IF YOU DO NOT DO THEM, YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS UP,
YOU WILL GET A ZERO.
Second period: Watch the announcements here: https://youtu.be/z5_9R50rKsk
1. (20 minutes) As usual, since I’m not there, you will start with a free write. Get this free write done within 20 minute. Remember: 2 paragraphs on anything you want! If you need ideas, tell me about your 4 day weekend. Or tell me what you’re looking forward to when it comes to winter break. Or, share some thoughts and reflections on your research about Mass Shootings so far!
2. (20 minutes) Jump on quizlet and study your vocab! I’m borrowing this set from someone so follow this link to study it: https://quizlet.com/3298697/research-paper-vocabulary-flash-cards/
3. (20 minutes) Watch the following video: https://youtu.be/2x1EFl6zyu8 once you watch the SHORT film, create a page in your “Handouts” tab in one note and write ONE paragraph on the following prompt:
a. Based on what you’ve read so far, what do you believe are some of the most
common reasons for mass shooting in the United States? What are you leaning
towards when it comes to solutions based on what you’ve read so far?
4. (30 min) Get on the GALE Database (http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/suic/?p=SUIC&u=man12725) and start finding your own articles! You should find at least 1-2 articles to use today. You should complete notecards on at least one of those articles.
Got questions? You can try emailing me, I will be checking it from time to time. I can’t promise a response super quick, but I will respond eventually.
In this section, you will find our daily work. I will outline what we will be going over, link documents when possible, and list our any homework. If you are absent minded, a concerned parent, or absent, you should check this page regularly.