As you can see, I am not there today. Madison (one of the twins) had a fever this morning and I drew the short straw on who stays home with her today! That being said, I will not be in today at all.
I know as a group, you all are awesome! But, as always, I expect a few things from you and even though I know you know them, I need to make sure they are concrete:
1. DO NOT give the sub a hard time. You do as you are asked, you do what’s assigned, and you keep relatively quiet. Do NOT let me find your name attached to some poor choice when I get back or it will not be a fun time for anyone.
2. DO YOUR WORK! If there is one thing you learned from the last time I had a sub, it’s that I WILL grade this work and I will have ZERO sympathy for those that don’t complete it. I will hand out zeros accordingly and it will affect your grade.
Below are the assignments that you need to complete before the day is over. Please pay attention to the times in the parenthesis next to the task so you can pace yourself!
++++SECOND PERIOD ONLY++++ - Watch the announcements: https://youtu.be/DHoAWh_3uxE
1. F451 Journal #10 (30 minutes)– Oh, you thought you were done with Fahrenheit journaling! Nope! We’re going to make a nice round number for journaling…10. So, here it is: At the end of the book, you see Montag and the other Wonderers were headed toward the city that they just saw bombed. Write 2 PARGRAPHS (yes, 2 this time, not one!) in which you describe what they find when they return. Here are some guiding questions to help you along he way: What does the city look like? Are there people still alive? Where are the firefighters and what are they doing? Does Montag’s group scavenge for books? Does Montag’s group help restore society and bring books back?
2 paragraphs is a minimum, but be creative and as long as you like as long as you get your other stuff done today!
Write a descriptive paragraph that interesting. DO NOT JUST ANSWER THE GUIDING QUESTIONS. That is BORING! Write me a narrative.
2. (30 minutes) Think about atopic you are interested in learning more about. This topic MUST be SCHOOL APPRORIATE! (seriously, school appropriate) Think about what you want to know about this topic. After this, I want you to research this topic. Read articles, watch videos, look at different websites about that topic, etc…
As you research, take some notes on the topic.
3. (30 minutes) Once you have completed your research, tell me as much as you can about the topic.
a. Go to the “Independent Reading Reflections” tab in your OneNote.
b. Create a page called “Mini Research Paper.”
c. Put your writing in that tab. While you tell me as much as you can about your topic make sure to quote the articles, videos, and websites that you used. This should be a minimum of 2 PARGRAPHS. Make sure to cite all the sources you use (I’m not overly concerned about MLA formatting here, I just want to know what is your own words and what is quoted). When you are done, make sure to include links to the information you used at the bottom of your writing.
This assignment is credit/no credit. You get your points for doing, not for it being the most amazing piece you’ve ever done. Don’t stress out over MLA formatting, making it perfect. Just have fun researching something you want to know more about and telling me about it.
Got questions? You can try emailing me, I will be checking it from time to time. I can’t promise a response super quick, but I will respond eventually.
In this section, you will find our daily work. I will outline what we will be going over, link documents when possible, and list our any homework. If you are absent minded, a concerned parent, or absent, you should check this page regularly.